Posted May 19, 2017
Packing Like a Savvy Traveler
Packing for a weekend getaway trip can be stressful and these days, even costly. The trick to packing like a pro is to start with a solid outfit strategy and stock up on travel friendly beauty minis at your local Bubbles.
Bam! Here’s how to pack light for a four days of fun into one carry on bag.
1. Pre-Packing Strategy
- Make a list of all the events requiring an outfit. For example:
- Friday (2 outfits): Travel + Dinner;
- Saturday (2 outfits): Beach + Night Out;
- Sunday (2 outfits): Pool Party + Dancing;
- Monday (1 outfit): Travel home
- Now that you know what you are dressing for, curate your looks
- Pick a printed garment with colors you love and use it to dictate your palette
- Keep shoes + bags neutral and only bring 2 pairs, heel and flat
- Choose a limited jewelry assortment that can be worn together or individually
- Select one versatile dress in a neutral color that can be dressed up or down with accessories
- Try on each outfit to ensure it works
- Add an additional fashion option – just in case
2. How to Pack Apparel + Accessories
4 Days, 1 Carry On: How to Pack for a Beach Weekend
This beach weekend wardrobe palette is inspired by the tropical print kimono, a super versatile piece that can be paired with any other garment in the collection. Two pairs of neutral shoes (one wedge, one flip flop) are functional, fun and, depending on the party vibe, either can be worn with a bikini. Speaking of bikinis, opt for a mix and match set to create different looks for different days with minimal garments.
3. How to Pack Toiletries
Once your outfits are in order, sort out your beauty loot.
4 Days, 1 Carry On: How to Pack for a Beach Weekend, Toiletries
Travel Beauty Tips:
- Keep makeup minimal – it should all fit in one bag
- Schedule a blowout the day before you leave and maintain with dry shampoo. Or…
- Consider embracing your natural hair texture, they don’t call them “Beach Waves” for nothing
- Look for hair products with built in sun protection, like Pureology Colour Fanatic
- Shop Bubbles for travel minis of your favorite shampoo and conditioner, like this Cibu trio
- SPF 50+ is a must! We love Dermologica (available in select Bubbles salons)
4. How to Pack: Sample Outfits, Day 1 – 2
4 Days, 1 Carry On: How to Pack for a Beach Weekend | Outfit Ideas, Day 1-2
On Travel Day opt for a versatile, flight-friendly look. A denim shift dress is cute but still comfy, plus it won’t wrinkle in transit. Once you arrive at your destination, drop your bag, swap your shoes and grab your clutch. Presto! You’re ready for Dinner a much needed drink.
Day 2 agenda: Fun in the sun! But first, SPF 50. After you’re covered, pair your bikini with breezy shorts and your kimono cover up. Grab a hat and glasses and hit the beach. After a long day in the sand, throw on a flirty top and denim cut offs to show off your tan.
How to Pack: Sample Outfits, Day 3 – 4
4 Days, 1 Carry On: Packing Light for a Beach Weekend | Outfit Ideas, Day 3-4
Cocktails in the cabana is what’s on tap for Day 3. Style your bikini with denim cut offs and a kimono. Finish the look with leg lengthening wedges. Come sunset, a bright silk romper and statement earrings take you from dinner to the dance floor in style.
Time to kiss the beach goodbye. On Day 4, opt for easy separates and flip flops for travel. Pack all your clothes in a laundry bag and give yourself a pat on the back for savvy packing. Look at that – plenty of room for souvenirs! The pool boy won’t fit, tho.
5. How to Pack Bonus: Cibu Travel Checklist
The nice folks over at Cibu for Hair created this super cute, super handy travel check list you can use to streamline your packing time.
4 Days, 1 Carry On: Packing Light for a Beach Weekend | Cibu Travel Checklist
This summer, tag your good times (and great hair) with #BubblesBesties and follow us on Instagram @bubblessalons.